Grantsburg Watercross Camping
Campgrounds open: Thursday prior to the event at noon. Early arrivals will not be allowed.
Campgrounds close: Monday after the event at 10:00 am. (Event staff and security are on hand only until the end of the event Sunday, but campers may stay Sunday night.)
Memory Lake Campground in Downtown Grantsburg
Alcohol policy for camping within the event (Memory Lake & North Side Campsites)
Campers will not be allowed to bring beer or wine coolers through the gates. Beer & wine coolers (with ice) will be for sale by the case within the Event Site on Olson Drive.
If campers choose to bring in other liquor (bottles of wine or hard liquor, etc.), they will be required to purchase a liquor sticker at the gate for $5. Any alcohol within the event site will therefore either be purchased at the site (beer & wine coolers) or shall display the $5 "liquor sticker."
To help at camping check-in, please have any liquor bottles easily accessible within your camper or trailer.
At the check in gate, Security personnel will be asking to search your vehicle and sleeping unit. If during the search, beer &/or wine coolers are found, it will need to be forfeited before entry. If you refuse the inspection, you may relocate to the Fairgrounds Campground or be turned away. No refunds will be given.
There are two areas within the Memory Lake Campground . . .
- Memory-Lake-Side Sites (ML): 38 full hook-up RV, Motor home or camper sites and 62 tent/small trailer sites on the south-west side of Memory Lake. Shower in the bath house & porta-potties nearby. Quiet time is at 1:00 am. Check-in gate is at Olson Drive and Russell Street.
- North Side Sites:
- Park Street (PS): 20 non-electric RV, motor home, or camper sites on the north side of Memory Lake, right along Park Street. Quiet time is at 1:00 am. Shower facilities in the Memory Lake bath house & porta-potties nearby. Check-in gate is at West Jackson Street and North Park Street.
- Regular & River Sites (R): 45 non-electric tent & small trailer sites north of the main Memory Lake campground (trailer, tent, and river-side sites). Quiet time is at 1:00 am. Shower facilities in the Memory Lake bath house & porta-potties nearby. Check-in gate is at West Jackson Street and North Park Street.
Fairgrounds Camping – 8 blocks from Event Site
Campground is eight blocks away with free shuttle bus
Fairgrounds (FG): Features 21 electric RV, motor home, camper sites and 110 non-electric tent or RV, motor home, camper sites.
A free shuttle bus runs about every 30 minutes from the event to the campground from early morning until after bar time. There is a family area with a quiet time at 10:00 pm; otherwise quiet time is at 1:00 a.m. Shower facilities are located in the fairgrounds building & porta-potties are nearby. Check-in gate is ¼ mile south of the stop light intersection of Highway 70 & Highway 48-87. The Fair Board members sell a breakfast on Saturday and Sunday in the Fair Building.
Fairgrounds campers: You may not bring beverages over to the event site. Carry-on coolers with beer/alcohol/soda are not allowed in the spectator area. Empty coolers with ice are allowed. Formula/milk for infants or young children is accepted.
***Camping prices are based on the event, not a nightly fee***
1. Only one vehicle is allowed per campsite. A vehicle permit will be issued and it must be displayed on your vehicle’s mirror. Any additional vehicles will need to be parked on the streets or at the Fairgrounds.
2. Only one sleeping unit allowed per campsite. RV’s and motor homes are considered one vehicle and one sleeping unit; no additional vehicles will be allowed and no extra tents.
3. All campers must purchase a 3-day wristband at the gate and securely attach it to their wrist.
• Adult 3-day pass (ages 16 and over) ………………………………… $25
• Youth 3-day pass (ages 10-15)………………………………………..… $15
• Children ages 9 & under ……………………………………………..…… Free
4. Campfires are only allowed in an elevated campfire ring with an enclosed bottom.
• Rented campfire rings: $10.00 for the weekend rental. Don’t clean it—just leave it for us.
• A $20.00 sod-replacement fee will be charged if an elevated enclosed bottom campfire ring is not used.
• Campfire wood available for sale by the bundle.
• No firewood from across state lines due to diseased trees, per the WI DNR.
• All campfires will be subject to local weather conditions and the WI DNR’s approval.
5. No pets in the campgrounds or the spectator areas.
6. No fireworks, ATVs, open carry weapons, or assault items.
7. Any bicycles, scooters, remote control toys, etc. must stay within the campground and may not be used in a way that disrupts other campers. No bicycles may enter the event area.
8. No umbrellas or sun shelters are allowed in the viewing areas.
9. Security has the right to remove any item that they deem offensive.
10. No loud music at campsites or in the spectator areas.
11. Drive slowly through the campgrounds and keep vehicle movement to a minimum.
12. Clean your camping area and place all garbage in trash containers.
13. ID’s will be checked and underage drinking of beer/alcohol will be enforced by the Police.
14. All campgrounds will be monitored by security and police-patrolled.
15. We reserve the right to evict anyone who does not comply with the rules.
16. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
17. There are no refunds in case of inclement weather.
18. Reservations cancelled less than seven days before the event are non-refundable. Any refund for cancellations more than seven days before the event (midnight Thursday or earlier) are subject to a 15% reprocessing fee.
Contact us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone: 715-463-H2OX (4269)